Out there is a fortune waiting to be had.

Wow, Judas Priest really did cover that Joan Baez song about not wanting to linger over her memories of Bob Dyan's romantic capabilities. This is a thing that has existed your entire life:



I already thought this was quite tragicomical, and then I stumbled over a recent Priest live performance of "Diamonds and Rust" that touches the sublime['s butthole]:



The original:



I guess I never noticed the Priest version before because I was always too busy wrapping my mind around what their thinking could have been that they chose to cover Fleetwood Mac's "The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)," which Peter Green meant to be about his irrational hatred of money but is probably more a four-minute document of his rapidly metastasizing schizophrenia.



The original:



It could be my imagination, but it seems like every song Judas Priest plays comes out sounding like every other Judas Priest song -- more a sausage factory than a sausage party -- except their far-and-away best song, which has one of the most killer pre-choruses ever recorded:



You know it, I know it, Rob Halford knows it, most breeds of dog know it. This has always been the objective truth, the hours you've spent listening to the song on the rock-radio station while flying the military jet in GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS simply belabored that point.

No comments: